Thursday, August 2, 2007

Aqui estoy, finalmente.

It has begun...there is an accumulation of potential energy that builds daily within me in the form of ideas, interests, and questions. This happens largely because I am working in a job where mental taxation is minimal. It is steady work, however. Regardless, the old "dog's breakfast" tends to wander, arriving at the following inquiries, musings, and concepts. We'll see where we go from here.

By the way, my mother was curious as to the exact definition of my name on this space in the world wide web. Conscientizacao, Portuguese, as defined by Paulo Freire, "refers to learning to percieve social, political, and economic contradictions, and to take action against the oppressive elements of reality." Pretty powerful stuff, something I can only hope to enact personally, as well as a journey on which I hope to guide students of various ages and cultures.

No comments: