Thursday, April 2, 2009

Realization Station Cuenca

I walked over today to the Universidad de Cuenca, about a mile from La Perla Cuencana, across the river. I talked to the Admissions Office about foreigners attending.

Being on campus, I realized what I’m missing so bad – school. Sure, a lady friend would be nice from time to time. But it’s the camaraderie that comes with mutual study and mutual interest for which I pine.

I’d love to find a school to work in, sure; especially one who operates in an ideologically acceptable manner. But it’s academia and the feeling of self-driven improvement that I want so bad. I want to be challenged to learn something that´s really difficult for me to wrap my head around.

The journey, successes and failures alike, along with a group that experiences the same – that’s it. That’s it.

No comments: