Friday, May 8, 2009

I wonder if there’s a name for stuff like this

I thought of this on the bus, and wanted to send it as a salutation to my parents in an email. I wonder, given the profundity of nomenclature that exists in the field of linguistics and grammar, if there is a name for things like this. I would like to be able to think of more of these things. The statement to follow.

A sun kissed son kiss.

1 comment:

Riley said...

Oronym, possibly?

"Examples of "oronyms" (which may only be true homophones in certain dialects of English) include

"ice cream" vs. "I scream"
"euthanasia" vs. "youth in Asia"
"depend" vs. "deep end"
"the sky" vs. "this guy"
"four candles" vs. "fork handles"
"Sand which is there" vs. "Sandwiches there"
"Example" vs. "Egg sample"